Saturday, March 28, 2009

up late again...

Well, I can't seem to fall asleep...been doing a lot of pondering lately...on all kinds of things...no way I could even come close to writing it all down. I'm realizing how much I really like the words of the hymns and how much they are like scriptures. I'll have to work on the work, watch, fight, pray thing...sometime. i keep thinking of these different things i like to look up...so i'm not doing a very good job of sticking with any 'theme'. oh well. this really isn't for anyone other than me, so i guess it doesn't matter. when i first started, i debated whether or not to put a link on my family blog...but i didn't...not because i don't want anybody to read it...but i just didn't want to feel like i was doing it for any reason other than myself. so...if you're reading this...forgive the jumbled up randomness of it all :). one really cool thing happened about a week and a half ago tho'. first, a couple weeks ago our lesson in gospel principles was on the Holy Ghost...and I was trying to think of a good personal experience to share...and for some reason, my mind was just coming up blank...which frustrated me...because i know i've felt the spirit, felt guided, yada yada...tons of times in my life. even after i came home i could think of stuff i couldn't think of in class...but nothing recent...and that really bothered me. like...really REALLY. then last week Thursday morning...I woke up and really felt like Tommy and I needed to go to the temple...like...that night. However, it's a 2+ hour drive, and we have three children under the age of six...so...going to the temple is hardly ever convenient. Tommy was working on some stuff on our house (that I really wanted to happen), Elli wouldn't be home from school till probably close to 3:30. So...realistically, the only session that would be even feasible...would be the 7:00 one. Anyway...it just seemed sooo inconvenient...and the thought of being out till midnight (which is what time it would have been by the time we got home)...was not appealing. but...notwithstanding all this...i had this strong feeling that we needed to go that night (Thursday). I thought, well, Tuesay (the next feasible day)...would be fine...I rationalized it...called Tommy to see what he thought...he said either day...called mom and dad (since they'd be watching the kids...)....they said either day. but everytime i thought about going on another day...I just did NOT feel right. So...finally I decided that it was really dumb that I was looking to other people for confirmation. I called everybody up...arranged e verything...Tommy came home...and we went. It was great...but the whole time i was in their I was waiting for something really spiritual or profound to happen. Anyway...we came home...Gage barfed a couple times...lovely thing to take care of on the side of the road at almost midnight. Anyway...just the other day I realized that had we not gone that Thursday night...Gage got sooooo sick after that...had we not gone thursday night...we probably would not have gotten a chance to go until after they reopen the temple in april (they're taking a little spring break to fix/add some things). Anyway...my eyes are trying to close...but it was really neat to feel the sweet confmation of listening to the spirit. It was a great night :) Anyway...i'm going to get to bed...I'm FINALLY...exhausted :)

i should do this morning often...

No comments:

Post a Comment