Thursday, March 5, 2009

Work...

This one always gets me. I know Heavenly Father does not want us to burn out...therefore, working like crazy, go-go-go-go, etc. is not exactly what this must mean. I love working hard...I hate stopping...I love to just keep going and going...but sometimes I think that to God, I must look like one of those little toddlers you watch that has legs and body moving way too fast and he's running because if he stops he'll fall on his face...but eventually he falls anyway.. :). So, then, when the Lord says 'Work'...what exactly does he have in mind? I plugged "work" into the Gospel library search...and am having way to much fun reading everything...lol :)

- There is a lot of mention of genealogy/temple work and missionary work. This makes me think of the three fold mission of the church. Perhaps it would be effective if I tried harder to ask myself when I start....(I'm trying to think of a better phrase than 'going crazy'...but it's not happening). Anyway...maybe it would be good if I occasionally asked myself if what I was stressing about was in any way proclaiming the gospel, redeeming the dead, or perfecting the saints (at least, the under 4 ft. tall saints in my stewardship).

- There's also a lot of connecting work...to enduring. I think that that is one of the most important things we can do...just keep doing the little things...that way when the big trials come...we have a foundation to fall back on.

- I love the serenity prayer...God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference. My grandmother used to have it on some little plaque on her counter. Anyway...we talked in Family Home Evening about how we are responsible for our attitudes, etc. And it just seems that the older my kids get (old being 5 years old...lol), the more I realize there are certain things I can control...and certain things I can't...I can't force my kids to be happy, use the bathroom in the toilet, go to sleep...etc. some things are just in their control...and that's the way it should be. So...my other goal (and I've actually been working on this for awhile...so hopefully it shouldn't be that hard...is to make sure that what I'm trying to 'work' on, is not something that will ultaimately lead to a power struggle, or frustration. Anyway...I'm exhausted, this post has been continuing for the past few days, and I just need to post it already!

No comments:

Post a Comment